The BFI model consists of a set of authority lists of journals, publishers, book series and conference series, publications that can lead to so-called BFI points. The publication channels featuring on the authority lists are divided into two levels, level 2 being the most prestigious.
A number of expert groups are responsible for objectively assessing which publication channels should be included in the authority lists for each academic field.
We recommend that you:
- Consult the lists before you start writing
- Choose a level-2 channel, if possible
- Choose external collaborative partners in connection with the publication
- Persuade expert groups (the one relevant in your case) to include your publication channels in the authority lists
- Investigate whether there is any level-2 channel not being used and swap it for a level-1 channel that is being used to a greater extent.
- Remember to get any publication channel that you launch included in the authority lists